International Beer Day was held on August 7 and was started by a man from California who just wanted to celebrate beer. We get it. And so since 2007 it was decided that beer lovers in Australia and around the world would celebrate International Beer Day!
“Beer is the greatest invention in the history of mankind,” said writer Dave Barry.
Author Charles Bukowski said, “Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.”
10 Facts about beer
- There’s evidence to suggest beer brewing dates back over 5000 years
- Guinness has previously estimated about 93,000 liters of beer is lost in the beards of Englishmen every year
- The first American President George Washington loved beer and had his own special recipe
- The Texas State Fair is famous or infamous for serving fried beer
- The oldest operating brewery in the United States is a brewery called Yuengling brewery located in Pottsville, Pennsylvania
- 1959 was the first year a beer was packaged in a 12-ounce aluminum can
- China and the U.S. are the top beer producing countries
- There’s a legend that says about 0.7 percent of the world’s population is drunk at any given time of the day
- There is a fear known as having an empty beer glass called cenosillicaphobia
- The strongest beer in the world is called Snake Venom, with an alcohol by volume content of 67.5 percent
Looking for a beer gift?
Give someone a membership to the
Beer Of The Month Club
where members receive a different pack of
hard to find craft beer every month
for 3, 6 or 12 months! It’s the beer gift that keeps
on giving when other beer gifts are gone and forgotten